Sunday, November 29, 2009

GENE MOLES, UNSUNG PICKER, WITH RED SIMPSON, "DIESEL SMOKE AND DANGEROUS CURVES"



There's plenty of twang from the unsung Gene Moles, on this Red Simpson trucking cut. It may be a Mosrite he's playing here; Moles was the quality control man at Mosrite. (Incidentally, Mosrite and Moles were both based in Bakersfield. I found Gene Moles's name on an early Merle Haggard personnel credit while I was researching Roy Nichols. Apparently Moles also hung out with Nokie Edwards of the Ventures; obviously I need to investigate Gene's work further!)

1 comment:

none said...

there are a lot of reasons I regret not being able to time travel, but finding out that Semi Mosrite (who died before I came of age) retired less than 10 miles form my home town in the mountain of NC has to be be of the biggest... man, what I wouldn't give for one of those double neck guitar w/ mandolin, mandola, or tenor models!