Thursday, September 22, 2011

DANNY GATTON, "HEARTACHES BY THE NUMBER"



There's tons of bootleg Gatton floating around, but this clip got my attention because I particularly love hearing Danny on classic country shuffles-- in this kind of vein, he's less likely to drift into the face-melting "warp factor ten" mode that everyone seemed to want from him all the time.

Good lord, has it really been almost a year since I've posted here? Sorry about that, but unfortunately life got in the way of my continued blogging. Just wanted to remind everyone I'm still here.

(At least some of my excuse is many months of woodshedding and various recording projects-- one of these days I'll have news about the recordings I've been doing.)

2 comments:

Howard Parker said...

It's about time.

Karl Straub said...

I think so too. Regrettably, very little twangy Tele on the various recordings I've been doing recently--
a tiny bit on the Hangtown Dancehall album, plus some flatpicking a la my fave Norman Blake. Oh, and a little taste of low-budget Gatton ripoff on the upcoming Crowtown album-- I can only sneak a little bit of western swing into that music, as it's supposed to be a rock and roll band.